Thursday, October 30, 2008

Corn Maze Field Trip

So, yesterday was Rebecca's first field trip in Fourth Grade. She had a ball, but she froze (as did I)! They went through the corn maze finding 6 different stations where they would "punch" a card. If they got all 6 they got a prize. This went on for about 2 and a half hours of running through an almost 5 mile corn maze. They all had a great time.

Next we ate our lunches and then they did a "gem dig". She loved getting little souvenir rocks to take home. After that was a "hay ride" of sorts to a pumpkin patch where each child got to choose a pumpkin. They were allowed to pick these HUGE pumpkins (earlier in the season I hear the children were only permitted to take little ones). So Mom had to lug around this huge pumpkin.

I was at work this morning and noticed my arms were a bit sore, and then it hit me! It's from carrying that pumpkin all over the field until she found just the right one. I will be sure to let her know when I get home that I'm sore from all her indecision ;)

1 comment:

Alee said...

This is super cool youve got me trying to set up a blog. you did a fantastic job chica.xoxo